Pogača – Slovenia’s Traditional Welcome Bread. Special seasoning for this dish is cumin.
This spice has a distinctive taste that is nutty and slightly peppery. Cultures all over the world incorporate cumin into their cuisine.
Experience the ancient tastes of the symphony with our Pogača bread here at the BIG BERRY Resort or try it out at home!
This is the recipe for you:
● 1 cup of water
● 1,5 packages dry yeast
● 2 tbs sugar
● 3 tbs oil
● 1 egg
● 3,5 cups flour
● 1 extra egg
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, oil and eggs.
3. Stir in flour until combined and soft dough forms.
4. Place dough in another bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled. 2-3 hours.
5. Roll on floured board into large. Make a circle.
6. Cut crossed lines with a knife through the bread.
7. Brush top with oil/butter and egg mixture. Let sit 20 minutes.
8. Spread cumin seeds and salt crystals over the traditional Slovenian bread.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.