Črnomelj Municipal Museum
The castle is located in the historical centre of Črnomelj. The building was built in 1844 as the first school in Črnomelj on the grounds of a former town hall. Regarding history, 1897 the building was extended and the tower demolished. All the rooms were highly decorated with various geometric and floral motifs at the end of the 19th century. Today, it houses the Municipal Museum Collection Črnomelj.
There are three plaques built in the outer structure, commemorating the District Committee of the National Liberation, the Founding Assembly of the Slovene Association of Journalists, and Matija Malešič , a native lawyer and ambassador.
The castle will be renovated works in the near future.
Mestna muzejska zbirka Črnomelj
Trg svobode 3, SI-8340 Črnomelj
Phone: +386 7 305 6530
Email: [email protected]